You're probably wondering why it's so important for new moms to have a healthy diet. After all, you've got a lot on your plate—no pun intended. You're juggling work, taking care of a new baby, and trying to get some sleep.
But here's the thing: your diet has a huge impact on the health of your skin and hair. A healthy diet can help you avoid common pregnancy problems like stretch marks, dark spots, melasma, gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. It can also help you lose the baby weight more quickly.
So, what should you be eating? A lot of women ask this question, and the response is not always clear. We've put together this guide to the best diet for new moms to bring back the glowing skin.
Best Foods for Healthy Skin & Hair for New Moms
When it comes to your diet as a new mom, there are a few important things to keep in mind. First, you must consume enough protein. This will support your energy levels and aid in repair of skin tissues.
Second, make sure your diet is rich in fruits and vegetables. These provide your body the vital nutrition required for healthy, spotless and glowing skin.
Third, drink plenty of water throughout the day.
Do not forget to include the magic foods in your diet as well as on your skin.
These are mint, turmeric, honey, aloe vera, rosemary, and Himalayan salt.
Here are some of my favorites if you're looking for specific meal suggestions:
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs with toast, fruit and nut-filled oatmeal, and granola-topped yogurt and honey, or Aloe vera juice and mint juice with a dash of honey.
- Lunch: a green detox soup, a salad with a side of dressing, and a sandwich with lean protein and veggies.
- Dinner: roasted chicken or fish, spaghetti, and steamed vegetables.
What to Avoid: The Foods to Avoid as a New Mom
As a new mother, you should be very cautious about the things you eat. In addition to making sure you're getting all the nutrients you need; you should also steer clear of any foods that can affect the quality of your hair and skin.
Start by avoiding anything that contains a lot of sugar or caffeine. Both of these can cause anxiety and restlessness making your skin dull. Also, stay away from processed foods, which are frequently loaded with chemicals and salt and often aid in hair breakage.
Avoiding raw fruits and vegetables is also a good idea, unless they have been peeled or cooked. These might be contaminated with bacteria that can cause food poisoning. Finally, avoid oily or fatty foods because they might contribute to digestive issues like heartburn.
Some of Our Favourite Recipes for New Moms
Green Detox Soup
- Puree 1 handful spinach, 1 apple, 1 cup vegetable broth,8-10 mint leaves, 4-5 rosemary leaves,1 lemon juice,1 knob ginger, and Himalayan salt and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Transfer the soup to a pot, add the turmeric, and cook the mixture over medium heat until it boils.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, cover, and wait 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Black Bean Brownies
- Blend or process 1 can black beans, 3/4 cup cocoa powder, ½ cup honey, 2 tbsp oil, 2 eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla essence until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the batter to the greased baking pan. Sprinkle it with Himalayan salt. Bake for 25–30 minutes in a preheated oven(350F) or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
We know that, as a new mom, you're probably busy and tired, so these recipes are all designed to be quick and easy to prepare. And we guarantee that they'll all be delicious and healthy for the skin and hair of your baby and you.
Some Final Tips for New Moms on Eating Well
It's time to put what you've learned about the ideal diet for new mothers into practice. Here are some final tips to help you stay on track:
- Look for quick and simple healthy recipes that include the magic foods for new moms. By doing this, you'll always have a healthy option to turn to if you don't have time to cook.
- Don't forget to treat your skin and hair externally, along with maintaining a healthy diet. Follow a proper skin and hair care routine. Check out the exquisite range of skin and hair care products by Tru Naturelle. These are specially designed natural products to take care of mom’s specific needs.
- Stay optimistic! Keep in mind that taking care of your body both internally and externally is something you must do for the rest of your life.
Congratulations and best wishes as you embark on this new chapter as a mother!